November, 2006 - September 2011: UGC-JRF (2 years) and SRF (3 years), Organic Chemistry | Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai,
2004 - 2006: M Phil., Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Calicut, Calicut, India.
2002 – 2003: BEd, in Physical Science from Farook Training College Kozhikode with first class (above 60%).
2000 - 2002: M. Sc., in Chemistry, First class, (above 70%). St. Joseph’s College Devagiri, Kozhikode
November, 2006 - November, 2011: HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDS - SYNTHESIS AND BIOLOGICAL STUDIES. PhD awarded on 24/07/2012 Organic division, School of Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India. Advisor: Professor Shanmugam Muthusubramanian.
2005 - 2006: Microwave assisted synthesis of heterocyclic compounds. Department of Chemistry, University of Calicut, Kerala, India. (M Phil work) Advisor: Professor K K Vijayan.
1. Microwave assisted stereoselective 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of C,N-diaryl nitrone and bis(arylmethylidene)acetone: NMR and crystal analysis of the diastereoisomeric bis(isoxazolidines) Nidhin Paul, Selvam Kaladevi and Shanmugam Muthusubramanian. Helvetica Chimica Acta 2012, 95, 173.
2. A green protocol for the synthesis of conformationally rigid sulfur linked bisquinolines by double Friedlander reaction in water Nidhin Paul, Shanmugam Muthusubramanian and Nattamai Bhuvanesh. New Journal of Chemistry 2011, 35, 2607.
3. Domino Vilsmeier-Haack/ring closure sequences: A facile synthesis of 3-chloro benzo[b] thiophene-2-carbaldehydes Nidhin Paul and Shanmugam Muthusubramanian. Tetrahedron Letters 2011, 52, 3743.
4. Synthesis of 2,5-diaroyl-3-arylthiophenes. Novel tandem reactions mediated [3 + 2]-self annulation of bis(aroylmethyl)sulfides. Gurusami Ravindran, Nidhin Paul, Shanmugam Muthusubramanian and Subbu Perumal. Journal of Sulfur Chemistry 2008, 29, 575.
5. Reaction of diphenacylanilines with 2-aminobenzophenone: An abnormal Friedlander reaction yielding indoles Nidhin Paul and Shanmugam Muthusubramanian. Synthetic Communications DOI:10.1080/00397911.2011.627524.
6. A facile microwave-assisted Michael addition of diphenacyl sulfides to chalcones under solvent-free conditions: Generation of symmetrical and unsymmetrical 1,5-diketones Nidhin Paul, Muniyappapillai Jeganathan Shanmugam and Shanmugam Muthusubramanian. Synthetic Communications 2013, 43, 129.